Friday, January 27, 2017

Don't Hate Yourself Because You Think You Are Not Beautiful

I wanted to start this blog to empower women to love themselves for the unique and amazing person they are! Not one of us is exactly like the other, and that is a wonderful and beautiful thing! Like the billions of snowflakes or stars out in the universe, no two are exactly alike but they are incredibly gorgeous in their own right! I don't care if you are white, black or rainbow, I don't care if you believe in a higher power, or don't, I don't care if you are young or old, skinny or curvy, it doesn't matter to me if you are liberal or conservative. We are ALL valuable and loveable and your worth is beyond any earthly treasure!

Now, the point of this blog is not to tell anyone how or what they should do in order to love yourself or to feel beautiful. I just want to share my ideas on how I try to do that myself. Granted, there will be days when you just don't care! We all have "bad hair days".

First, a little about me to give you an idea of who I am and how I roll:

Born in Las Vegas, Nevada on a very windy day in June. Lived there on and off most of my childhood. I also grew up in Oregon area on and off. That is where I met my future husband, just didn't know it yet!

Married in Portland, Oregon (Lake Oswego to be exact) in June of 1996 to a hot guy that was not so hot when I met him at 13, but Whoa Nelly, when I saw him again in my 20's I knew right away I was going to marry that boy!

Faith: I am a Christian, a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, to be exact, but not a in-your-face-I'm-better-than-you-self-righteous, Christian. I'm very uncomfortable with all that. I mean yes, I will stand up for my beliefs and at the same time respect your beliefs as well. I like to build on what I have in common with someone. I believe we are ALL children of God and loves us perfectly despite our imperfections. He does not see color, race, gender, age, religious affiliation, beauty, homeliness, etc. We are equal and loved in His eyes! And if you do not believe in God or a Higher Power or whatever, then that is just fine with me, I will never judge how another person wants to believe.

Family: Family is everything to me! Happiness is family. I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, niece, aunt and cousin! I love each title! I have 5 children, who are all growing up with lightning speed. My oldest daughter and her husband temporarily live with us in our upstairs bonus room to save money to buy their first home. My parents house burned down, so they are occupying the basement that has their own bedroom, bathroom and living room. Just until their house gets rebuilt. My second oldest, a daughter, is currently serving a church mission in the Philippines. Today my oldest son is celebrating is 16th birthday with a few of his friends. Then there are my twin boys, who will soon be turning 15 in a month.

Work: I am a kindergarten teacher's assistant with 26 children in one classroom. Love my job! It has its challenges for sure, but I love, love, love it!!!

Passion: Traveling, drawing, painting, crafting, all the "Arts", fashion, decorating, shopping, writing, baking and long hot bubble baths are a few of my favorite things.

Education: I have a degree in fine art and graphic design.

1st Topic Blog:
Don't Hate Yourself Because You Think You Are Not Beautiful and if You DO Think You Are Beautiful You Are Right!!! (But not in a snobby-I-am-better-than-everyone-else-sort-of-way).

After having my twins at age 32, I noticed that my body was not bouncing back to my pre-pregnancy shape like it used to. I felt fat and ugly and depressed, so I went hard core into fitness training and eating healthier. I dropped 20 lbs and was a size 6. I was thrilled that I succeeded, I reached my goal! So all I had to do was continue to live my life the way I always did before, only to learn it does not work that way! It got to the point where I weighed 160 lbs and I am a short 5'2". I was also well into my 40's now and I started freaking out over the gray hairs that began to pop up all over the front of my hair and the baggy eyes and wrinkles. There were even lines above my top lip!!! Ewwww!!!That is what old ladies have! I'm not old yet, am I? I began to color my hair, buy up wrinkle cream by the gallons and started running and eating things like plain tuna and carrot sticks. Yep, I was beginning to look and feel like myself again. And a strange thing happened...not only was I looking and feeling better, I became HAPPIER. Whoa! Exercise and healthy eating leads to better physical and mental health! What a concept!!! With this new enlightenment, I also realized that I was still the same person when I was overweight and when I was fit. God, my family, friends, they still loved me the same too! My value is not how I look, but how I feel about myself! Then I got to thinking how self-esteem is key to personal happiness. When you feel good, you want to look good and when you look good, you want to dress good and when you dress good, you feel good...it's one big loop! But not only that, when you feel good, you want others to feel good about themselves too!!! I find myself smiling more, forgiving more and that is a beautiful thing.
Another thing I learned on what NOT to do is to negative talk to yourself. If you want to change a bad habit, work on it a little a time, set goals and stick to them and if and when you fail, start again. It is never too late to start again. Start where you are right now! Maybe it is trading soda for juice or better yet water, once a day and then twice, etc. Start with a goal you KNOW you can handle and go from there. You don't need to run a marathon, just go for a 5 minute walk and then 10 and then walk/jog a little more each time. And don't forget the importance of getting enough SLEEP. I love to sleep! I need at least 9 hrs a night and 10 is even better.

Give yourself permission once in a while to have a "treat" it's ok to have a little indulgence once in a while. Mine is Reese's Pieces and dark chocolate with orange and bits of almonds.

Bottom line Girls: Love yourself, take care of yourself, and if you don't, start now! Start with little steps one day at a time, don't give up on yourself, Go! Do! Make a Difference today!!! I know you can! Ignore the haters, they don't have a voice in your life, you and only you can make that choice for yourself!

Please feel free to share any positive thoughts or suggestions to me. Tell me what you liked or didn't like about my blog or what topics you would like to see.  I'm mostly going to blog about how to feel and be your most beautiful self inside and out.






No comments:

Post a Comment